Saturday, March 20, 2010

Run Run As Fast As You Can!

A couple months ago Beckie called me and asked if I would run the Moab half marathon with her. Ummm ... NO THANKS! I am just not that interested in running 13.1 miles. Ok, so run the 5 miler instead. Yes, that I can do. Of course we had to make a fun weekend out of the event. So Beck flew to SLC and we drove to Moab together. Three straight hours of uninterrupted talk time. How fun is that! We got up early, headed to the shuttles, wished each other luck and parted ways. Boy it was a cold morning. SOOO cold! Finally the race started and off we went. What a beautiful run.

I had a great race. I felt good. I was happy with my time. So all and all it was a good experience. I hung out and waited for Beck to finish her race. She did AWESOME! I am so impressed that she ran 13.1 miles! Then we got another three hours in the car ... a little stinky but fun all the same. Who would have ever thought that Beckie and I would be running a race together (ok, kinda together). Now what? Triathlon in two months!


6 comments:

C*K*J said...

I'm SO proud of you both! Way to go. I really need to catch that bug!
LYG

Shannon said...

I loved hangin' with you two after the race, love you!! so proud :)

Unknown said...

Can't believe I didn't see you there. Bummer! Great job on the 5 miler! I did it last year. Drew out for the half and then got prego. I thought it was only a 5k until that morning when we got to the park. It nearly killed me. I saw your doing a ragnar. Which one? we are doing the wasatch back. So nervous!!

jennie said...

You go girl. You are an inspiration!

Natalie said...

AWESOME! My brother, Ben and my sis-in-law ran it too! I heard it was COLD!!

mylittlegems said...

good job! I ran the 5 mile and the half mar. many many times- since it first started. Sure miss Moab! Love that place ;) Sari you look beautiful in all your pics.