Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Smoothie-licious

Tried and true! This is one of my favorite protein smoothies. 1 c. water
1 scoop protein powder
I have two different protein powders that I use. I like this one because it has chia seeds, flax and hemp in it.
1 c. frozen berries
2 cups spinach
I get the big tub of spinach from Costco. If I am not going through it fast enough I will freeze it. Next best thing to fresh.
This frozen berry mix from Costco is awesome! It is very sweet so there is no need to add any sweetener.


If I am using fresh spinach I don't need more liquid than the 1 c water. If I am using frozen spinach I tend to need a little more liquid. I will use unsweetened almond milk (only 35 calories a cup) or coconut milk. I just add as needed. If you like your smoothie richer you can use this instead of water.
Put it in your Blendtec blender(if you don't know about Blendtec you need to!) in that order. Don't forget a dash of cinnamon. This makes a plenty big smoothie. I can make two servings out of it most of the time.
Deli-sh! Super healthy. It is around 250 calories.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

ruth said...

i have been making green smoothies (well, purple like yours) every day for the last few weeks. But I have yet to find a good protein powder that doesnt have a chalky taste. thanks for the ideas and i will be sure to try and find your kinds (and pray i someday inherit a blendtec!)

Stinsonian said...

I truly appreciate a post like this because I'm getting tired of my green smoothie. I usually squeeze a cut up grapefruit into the blender as my "liquid" and add frozen fruit, spinach or kale and other such wonderful items. Yours is next on my list. I'm assuming you bought that at Good Earth? I'll go find the protein. :)