Thursday, January 25, 2018

Being a mom is HARD!

As I write this I am sitting on the couch in dirty sweats with my hair in a very messy bun and no makeup.  I wish this was an unusual scene these days but it is not.  We are going on 7 days of both babies having diarrhea.  I can't even tell you how much poo I have cleaned up this week.  Today alone I have changed NINE blowout diapers! 

I have had two distinct thoughts today;

One: What has my life become!?!  I use to get up every morning, get ready, dress professionally and go to work.  I had an office, went to meetings and had responsibilities.  I solved problems, interacted with people and accomplished tasks each day.  I had value and purpose!  Now look at me!  How did this happen?

Two:  As I snuggled my baby girl who had had six poppy diapers before 9 AM I thought about how very glad and lucky I am to be able to stay home and hold my baby while she doesn't feel well.  I am so glad that I am not stressing about work because I had to stay home with my sick babies.  I know what a blessing it is that I get to stay home and me a mom. 

Being a mom is hands down the hardest job I have ever had.  Most days I wish I could get ready and go to work.  Being a mom is hard!  I feel like I clean up the same messes and do the same chores day after day after day.  I feel like I don't accomplish anything or do anything of value.  Then I see my two little people toddling around laughing, making messes and stopping to give me a love and I feel like my heart might burst.  I wonder how I got so lucky ... and then I clean up the same mess I have cleaned up ten thousand times! 


No comments: