Sunday, February 19, 2012

Chex Treat

 Remember the yummy traditional sweet Chex mix?  Well this is my version of it. 

1 box Chex cereal (corn or rice -- I actually like to mix 1/2 and 1/2)

1/2 bag coconut toasted (just put it in a frying pan on high heat and stir it around)
slivered almonds - about 1/2 c.



In a sauce pan mix

3/4 c. Karo syrup

3/4 c. agave

2 cubes butter

a dash of salt

Boil for 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, stir in 1 tsp vanilla.  Pour mixture over cereal.  Stir to coat.  


Let cool for a minute and add M&M's (I like peanut butter M&M's but you can add whatever flavor you want.  I was just think that the coconut ones would be delicious!) Spread mixture out on wax paper to finish cooling.Store in an air tight container. Enjoy!

By using less Karo (3/4 c instead of 1 1/2 c) and agave (instead of 1 1/2 c sugar) you have made this traditional treat a little less evil but just as yummy!

5 comments:

Stinsonian said...

I need to make it this way! Bry would LOVE it!

Ashley said...

No butter?? Was this what u made at the Super Bowl party? So good!!

A Little Sass said...

Blah! I forgot the butter! 2 cubes butter.

Chandra said...

It WAS so yummy!!!!!

Unknown said...

Super yum. I was going to ask for your recipe. (I accidentally ate half of the girls treat before they got home from school. Don't tell them.)