Sunday, August 19, 2012

Breakfast of Champions

I drink a smoothie every morning for breakfast.  It fills me up for several hours.  It's full of protein and it's a great way to get in your fruits and greens.  No matter what I ended up eating throughout the day I know I have gotten some goodness in that day.   Here are the recipes for my two current favorites.

Blueberry Mint
8 oz water
1/3 of a banana
a couple of mint leaves from the garden
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Life's Basics Plant Protein)
2 big handfuls of spinach
1 c. frozen blueberries (from Costco)
Ice (about 1/2 c.)

Put ingredients into your Blendtech blender (you do have a Blendtech by now ... right?) in that order.  For a little extra yummy I add 1/3 c. granola to the top.  All for about 230 calories. 

My newest smoothie (inspired by Dan Barney) Perfect right now as peaches are in season.

Peach Basil
8 oz. water
1/3 banana
1 medium size basil leaf
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2 big handfuls spinach (sometimes I add kale)
2 medium peaches peeled and pitted
1 c. ice

Put ingredients into your Blendtech in that order.  This one is so fresh and yummy!  And it is the prettiest color green! 

No comments: