Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hhmmm, what to do with a lug of tomatoes? I know!
Spaghetti Sauce!
Cass, Jennie and I spent our Saturday, our ENTIRE Saturday bottling spaghetti sauce. We didn't really know what we were doing but managed to turn out a delicious concoction! We even added some secret ingredients! Most of the ingredients were from one of our gardens. Ok, not my garden because I don't have one, but their gardens. We thoroughly enjoy spending a day together chatting and discussing topics like .. what did the pioneers eat? We did conclude that their gardens must have been huge and the food they ate in the winter was probably kinda blah! (again .. I am so glad I a was not a pioneer!) There is something very satisfying about taking home grown produce and preparing it for winter use. I felt oh so domestic! Who knew canning could be so fun!

9 comments:

Ashley said...

So proud of you guys! I was very impressed on Saturday! Heard you got some new clothes that look smokin' on you! Have fun!

C*K*J said...

Sari - I am so impressed! You gotta love the harvest season! If only I had something to harvest!

Natale said...

oh that looks like fun!

Shannon said...

Great, one more thing the Christensen's can do that I cannot! And, you look gorgeous while doing it.

laura said...

yum. what about pickles? i still crave the christensen pickles.

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

What a woman! Bottling your own spagetti sauce, I am so impressed!

Julie H. said...

I spent the whole day Friday botteling Peach & Raspberry jam with my mom and sisters. It was a lot of work, but oh so satisfying and so yummy. I too am sooo glad I was not a pioneer. One day of that kind of work nearly killed me.

Chris Grover said...

wow, that is VERY impressive! i'm feeling very jealous of the stock you have now! looks delicious and worth a hard days' work, right?!

Renee said...

That is my goal for next year - will you share your recipe???