Sunday, June 21, 2009

What the ??? Who the ???

Have you ever thought to yourself ... I wonder what would happen if ....
As I was walking out of a Subway Restaurant the door swung back and caught my foot (which hurts really bad for just a few minutes) and then I got in the car and sat for about 45 minutes? Well I thought I would find out for you ... and this is what happens!

You get a really big hematoma! When you look down and see this giant golf ball growing out the side of your foot you might want to freak out and assume that you have broken your foot until you realize that you have been walking around for about five minutes before you even noticed the growth!
First call your ever so smart nurse sister-in-law. She will tell you that eventually the blood will absorb and you will end up with a very swollen, bruised, sore foot!
As I was freaking out ... some of my first thoughts were, "NO! not my foot!" "Please don't let my foot be hurt!" "How am I going to run and bike?!?" Which leads me to my next thoughts ...


WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME? WHO AM I?

That is what I was thinking/freaking out about? Really?
This little incident happened on my way to St. George. I was going to be there one night, just over 24 hours. Not only did I pack my running clothes, but I actually got up (at 6:30) the one morning I was there (after a very late night) (with an injured foot) and went running! What? Weird! Seriously ... Who am I?

I think my foot is going to be fine! Thank goodness!!!

6 comments:

Chandra said...

Sari, you are freakin awesome. That's who you are. You are a totally hot babe who runs even with a hurt foot. That's hard core. Sari is hard core.

jennie said...

My favorite part of this post is the part where you called me your super smart sister-in-law... unless you called Lisa for some advice on a hematoma!

Jessie said...

Wow Sari! That foot is crazy! I'm glad you're going to be ok.

You ARE hardcore. Hardcore and awesome.

Let's bike together someday soon.

Shannon said...

Wow!! So sorry, I hope you recover quick for all of that biking running and swimming you need to get to!

Tom said...

Sari, I feel even more related to you now. Sorry about the injury but the way it impacted you... or not, way cool

Bryan said...

Sari, things like this are supposed to happen during the School year, not during the Summer! I am sorry, I know it is sad, but I had to laugh a little at your misfortune, ;)