Thursday, September 9, 2010

Canning Craze

After a successful harvest it is time to put up the fruit. Peter and Dan grew beautiful gardens again this year. Emily came to town for the weekend for her art show. It was the perfect timing for our Canning Craze!
We started with Spicy Peach and Strawberry Rhubarb Jam. Uncle Lou grows lovely rhubarb.
We continued with traditional salsa and tomatillo salsa. Then we tried our hand at my mom's dill green tomatoes. We ended up creating our own recipe when we mistaken fennel for dill. oops! I will let you know how that one turns out in a couple months when we can open a bottle. We did do a second batch with real recipe. We ended our canning craze with the BEST spaghetti sauce ... aka 550 South Sauce.
It was a very successful weekend. We are such good little mormon girls.
Love this weekend with my sisters.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I SO wish I was there to reap the benefits of that spicy peach deliciousness.

Melissa said...

Sari---I have been looking everywhere for the perfect tomato sauce recipe. Can 750 south share the 550 south sauce?

Melissa McConkie---wife of Nate, friend of Brooke...:)