Friday, April 8, 2011

Mugs, mugs, and more mugs!

One of the best things about having a student teacher is that I actually get some time to make (novel idea for an art teacher). I decided to do mugs. Something I have not been very good at .. I struggle with handles. It was so much fun! Mr. B, another art teacher at my school, introduced me to black mountain clay. It is the prettiest chocolate color. Love it. We spent an afternoon throwing ... Mrs D, Mr B, and myself. I am so lucky to work with such fun, talented, interesting people who I willingly call friends. That is a subject for another post.

I had some fun experimenting with this brown clay and the glazes. I am so pleased at how they turned out.
I love what the glaze did at the bottom of this one. Isn't that cool! It looks like an eye.

I would love to share one with you. If you would like a mug "follow" my blog and leave a comment. For a second entry post this give-a-way on your blog, leave another comment telling me so. I will randomly pick someone in a few days. I will let the winner pick which mug they want.

13 comments:

Brooke said...

I would LOVE a mug! Lane's Birthday is coming up and I would love to give it to him.... he loves a good cup of homemade hot cocoa. Seems fitting as it is snowing right now... in April :(

Brooke said...

Ok so if I want a second mug which I do... I need to post your post on my blog. did I get that right??

The Beckstroms said...

Pick me Pick me! I am now officially "following" you.

The Beckstroms said...

Post on my blog...check!

ruth said...

I linked you up on my giveaway post... and i am following you :)

LOVE that black mountain clay!!

Kimi D said...

me! me! me!

Kimi D said...

or someone else who enters from my blog: denneygirl.blogspot.com

Jeanette said...

Pick me Sari, I NEVER win!! Plus I'll be there in June to pick it up :)

Jeanette said...

Oh, and also, I think their beautiful mugs, so great!!

Wendy Hilton said...

Pick me. I want a mug. I better set up and start blogging for more entries.

Brooke said...

Ok Sari!!! You will be so proud I have not posted in over a year, but I did post for a second Mugg!!!!!!

Alyssa said...

Those are very beautiful mugs .. i love the one that you said looks like an eye at the bottom : ) i wish i could do that

Lorelie Andrus said...

Is that an "evil eye" and the bottom of your pot? LOVE IT! Can you make that happen again?

I also love the black mountain clay. Good job Mr. B.