Tuesday, June 21, 2011

9 Years!

9 years of teaching that is!
It wasn't a bad year ... or a really great year. It was a fine year and I gladly take that! I have a really great job. I am a lucky girl. One of the best parts of my job are the people I work with. Three years ago Ruth was my student teacher. We hit it off from the get go. She was a LIFE SAVER! I had a tough year and don't know how I would have done it without her. We were SO lucky to have her join us as a full time teacher the following year. Ruth quickly became a dear friend. I can't think of much that I have not talked to Ruth about. We have run races together (Race for Red and just last week the UV half) {She is an amazing runner!} She was part of my PC team last summer. We do Bountiful Baskets together. We chat, and discuss everything when it comes to students and teaching. Why the tribute? Ruth is leaving me. She gets to be a stay at home mom. I knew it was coming, but that has not made it any easier. I will miss her more than words can say. I am so grateful for my dear friend and all that she has done for me! Ruth, Sari, Lacy
Halloween 2010


While I will miss her I am also really excited for this new chapter in her life.

1 comment:

ruth said...

way to make me BAWL my EYES out when I just put mascara on!!!!!! :( seriously I love you and this post means so much to me. I love you and we will ALWAYS be friends!