Monday, June 13, 2011

Born to run ... ?

... I'm not so sure about that.

After months of training it was here!
Utah Vally Half MarathonIt's the crack of dawn and time for the race. My good friend Ruth joined us for an early morning. This is not an event I ever thought I would be doing. But there I was.
I am not going to lie, it was HARD! By far the hardest race ... harder than Alcatraz, any tri or bike race, I have done!But I did it! I did it! It is always more fun to share the experience with someone. Peter and I did a lot of our training together, he was so patient and supportive. I am lucky to have such an awesome brother! Shan did the marathon ... AND she qualified for Boston ... again! She is so amazing. Sure am proud of my friend. I have to take a moment to thank Jennie and my Mom. I know this is not their thing but they have been so supportive of me and Pete and our crazy endeavors. It adds so much to the experience to have "fans". There is some kind of boost you get when you have someone cheering YOU on. (I am sure I can back that up with some kind of scientific study.) So THANK YOU! We promise not to sign up for any more races .... for a few weeks anyway.

I am so glad I did it, I am SO glad it is done!
As I was slugging through those last couple miles I SWORE I would never do this again!
but .....

7 comments:

ruth said...

haha LOVED this post!! i swore it off as soon as I crossed the finish line!! but now... we should make it an annual summer sari/summer ruth party :) 13.1 every year???

Stinsonian said...

It's addicting. And after you do a couple half's you ask yourself..."could I ever do a marathon??". For the time, I would LOVE to do a race with any of the Christensen's. You guys are so much fun. Way to go Sari!

jennie said...

Good work Sari, it looks like we "made a runner out of you" afterall.

christy said...

What an accomplishment! Good job Sar :)

Julie H. said...

Good job Sari. So happy for you- running is HARD work!

PJC said...

You did great. It was fun to have a running partner, way to go. Is it crazy that I keep thinking about how I can improve my time for the next one? Yet, I haven't gone running once since the race!

Shannon said...

You know I couldn't possibly be more proud of you!! yahoo, can't wait until you decide to train for a full! haha... love you Sari, so glad you were there for me at the end!!!!