Wednesday, July 25, 2012

PIoneer Day 2012

 I am pretty sure this was the best 24th of July Pioneer Day I have ever had!  I started my day with a bike ride.  It's the end of July and this was my first ride of the summer (I'm in grad school ... that's a good excuse, right?).  Then it was pool time.  Always a good idea. 
 Pete, Clementine, Anchor, Hun, Talulla, Kim and I decided that we should do something to celebrate the holiday.  So we had a parade .... in the pool!  (You have already done that, right?)  Hun magically appeared with float decorations and costume material.  Of course she did!  If you know her you are not surprised.  Before you know it, we had a parade.  Please notice the chaos happening at the back of the parade.  We worked it out and got them going. 
 
  What kind of Pie did you have on PIoneer day?  We had a Dan Barney cherry pie.  HEAVEN!
Oh the day was not over.  I finally got to see some fireworks.  I love fireworks!  I do.  We listened to nostalgic music from the early 90's and watched the Mapleton fireworks.  My summer is now complete.  I loved every second of it.  Oh and we did talk about the pioneers too.  It was Pioneer Day after all.  


No comments: