Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hell?

Last summer I read a book called "Lovely Bones" It is a sad/thought provoking book about a girl who was murdered. She is in heaven watching her friends and family deal with her death. Heaven is described as a place that each of us create. Everyone's heaven is their happiest place. So one persons heaven is a family cabin while another's is an island. You get the point. I thought that was such in interesting idea .....

At the end of my Thanksgiving break I was flying home from North Carolina when we had to divert our flight to Omaha Nebraska due to a medical emergency. As we sat on the runway waiting for a new oxygen tank (apparently very hard to find in Nebraska seeing as it took almost two hours to get us back in the air) I thought ... this is my HELL! Stuck on an grounded airplane in Nebraska with a screaming baby behind me and a man saying for the 100th time, "why do we need an oxygen tank, we don't need no oxygen tank, lets just go without the oxygen tank, who cares about the oxygen tank." My iPod battery dying and no book to read (I had finished the one I was reading as we landed). A four hour flight turning into a six hour flight! I discovered that day what MY hell would be. I am going to work REAL hard on NOT going there!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

that is definitely hell! especially if it were me with Asher....aaagghhh!! kill me now...wait, no, not if that's where i'm going! ;)

KA said...

It was an even worse hell for the mother whose child was crying. She probably didn't plan for 2 extra hours of flying. Bless you all.

Cassandra Barney said...

Read my blog...you've been tagged!