Thursday, November 15, 2007

It is all worth it ....

Being a teacher is a pretty thankless job. You deal with a lot of crap. Rude students, ruder parents .... but every now and then you have a moment that makes it all worth it. I received an email this week from a student I had a couple years ago. She is now in London on a study abroad. In her email she said, "Thank you for teaching me to love art and thank you for being so great!!!!"

One line is all it takes to make it all worth it! To know that you have influenced a student, that you have inspired a student makes all the bad days and all the crap you put up with worth it. I look back on my own education and I think of the teachers that influenced/inspired me. I never said thank you. Knowing how much it means I wish I would have.

Gifts are also very appreciated! :)

No comments: