Wednesday, December 12, 2007

17th ANNUAL FRIENDS CHRISTMAS PARTY

I have mentioned before how blessed and very lucky I am to have such amazing friends! We all met in junior high and 20 years (boy that makes you sound old!) we are still friends. Our sophomore year of high school we started a tradition. Every year we go up to our cabin at Sundance and have a Christmas party sleepover. We exchange gifts, eat, laugh, talk, and renew friendships. This is the 17th year that we have done this. People (Beckie and Jill) come from out of town. Babies are left at home (thank you husbands!) and for one night we are giggly girls again. We all look forward to this nigh all year long. There is no other time that I get to laugh that hard. We are all very funny!

As a group of friends we are as diverse as they come. From religion to politics, single or married, kids and no kids, interest and goals. The one common ground we stand on is our unconditional love for each other. I respect and admire each of these girls. These are the truest friendships their are. We may not talk every day but we all know that in an instant each one of them would be there for you. My life has been so blessed by having them as my friends.

Thanks girls for another fun Christmas party! LYG!


It was a winter wonderland! After a lot of digging we all got out.

We met when we were 3 ... 30 years ago!


Comparing pictures, catching up, hanging out


Forever friends!


Laughing and laughing and laughing all night long! (this was not posed)

The two pregnant girls

8 comments:

Ashley said...

That's so great that you all have kept in touch so well. I wish I's been better about taht with my girlfriends from growing up... Looks so fuN!

C*K*J said...

SO FUN!!!
Thanks for always being such a great hostess and for all you do to make it happen! It was a BLAST!!
LYG

Renee said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I am impressed that you have all stuck together for that long. How fun!

Natalie said...

What a fun tradition!

KA said...

This is delicious! Nothing can ever replace your best little girlfriends.

Unknown said...

17 years?! are ya kidden me? we are SO old! we really should be on Ellen or Oprah! My vote is Ellen cuz she's a lot more like us.....way funny! course we like men, but I think she would still love us! Plus she gives great gifts! :)Thanks for the good times Sari!I need to change my name so people don't confuse us....if I can figure it out!

Shannon said...

17 years... we should get some kind of award for that! I have known you for what?...like 30 years now? Yeah for us! Howd I get so lucky?

laura said...

ok, totally dorky comment warning, but you should definitely do a book of your girls' weekend! And I might know someone who can help you with it. (really, not a sales pitch, just a fun idea from someone who is way too tired for friends anymore and totally anti-social!!)