Wednesday, June 18, 2008

update

taking the stairs at the Empire State Building

tour of Radio City Music Hall


Rockefeller Center

Me in front of Van Gogh's Starry Night (very cool!)

I guess it is time for an update. Lots and little has been going on. New York was fabulous! Holy cow that was an exhausting trip. We did about everything there is to do in New York! We saw five shows and the ballet. We saw Young Frankenstein (very fun!) Country Girl (loved it!) Hamlet (fantastic) Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (really didn't like it) South Pacific (great!). The Ballet was wonderful! I got to see lots of art which I loved! It was just such a fun trip.

After getting home I had one more meeting at school and THEN I was officially on summer break! I dove right into summer by painting my guest room orange ... pumpkin orange! It is dang cute! I will post pictures when I get the room all put together. You are all going to want to come and stay. I have a huge long list of projects to accomplish while on summer break. I am doing well at picking away at it. As of now my schedule is to sleep in until about 8:00, I get up and have breakfast on the patio and then water my plants. I pick a chore off the list. Sometime around noon I make my way to my parents house to catch a little pool time. Something fun usually comes up in the evening. It is a pretty nice life. I am sure enjoying it. I want to soak up every minute of summer, sun, and fun that I can!

7 comments:

mylittlegems said...

all I have to say is you are a lucky girl-don't get me wrong- I love my kids, but somedays I just want to do what you are doing! Sounds great to me- and NYC- how fun! Glad you had a great time!

Sue Ann said...

Hey, Sari,
I want to come see the beautiful SariAnn house, esp the pumpkin place for peaceful passerbys! New York sounded great! Can hardly wait to see you soon! 4th of July in Utah is the BEST! Yay for summer!

Ashley said...

That's a good life! We'll be over to swim at 5.. see you then

C*K*J said...

Hooray! You're back! I've missed your regular posts! Sounds like NY was great! Let's get together soon!

laura said...

glad you're back so we can start craftin. call and we'll swim/craft at the cul-de sac.

pamela said...

you didn't list "see chip and katie rich" on your things to do in new york.

Chandra said...

Yay! Can't wait to see your house! I'm soooo looking forward to the 4th!!!