Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I HEART Topamax

The beginning of September I started a migraine prevention drug called Topamax. Yesterday I got my second headache in 6 weeks! (that is really good compared to the 3 or 4 a week, or the ones that would last two or three weeks I had been getting!) While I am pretty sure yesterdays headache was stressed induced (I had my district content day which I was in charge of for all the art teachers in the district as the District Art Coordinator, and pretty much everything that could go wrong ... did! Luckily those in attendance didn't know that and according to their reviews it was a great content day!) Anyway, back to the headache, I was reminded yesterday how awful those headaches are and how much I don't like having them! So while Topamax has its not so pleasant (and pleasant, I have lost 10 lbs) side effects, I heart it right now because it is working and for the first time in a long time I am not having headaches more than I am having them! And that is GREAT!

7 comments:

The Pemberton Family said...

I'm glad it's working! Headaches are so debilitating-I hope you have found your cure!!

Jeanette said...

Sari, I'm SO glad you're headaches are dwindling! Here's hoping they disappear altogether! And how nice is a little perk like losing 10 lbs! :)

Shannon said...

Hooray for topamax... and you look fabulous, sorry I keep telling you that, but ya do!!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

I am so glad that works for you! I am going to see a neurologist tomorrow for dibilitating headaches! Maybe we will be Topomax buddies!

Bryan said...

Sorry you were so stressed on Monday. Wish there could have been more that I could have done to help... =0)

I did talk to "Mike" though and he game me the master password and showed me how to unblock those sites that you keep wanting to go to on the district network!

Glad to hear that the headaches are far and few between.

Morgan said...

sari~

yay! i am so glad you are coming out. yes, we are planning on going to the fireside, so i'm sure we will see you there. what day are you leaving? monday or tuesday? if we don't happen to see you for some weird reason, my cell phone is 801-822-3703. see ya soon!

Natalie said...

Yeah for drugs and I have found the 10 pounds you lost!