Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kentucky Derby


Jennie Doezie tagged me .. the tag is that you have to write a post about the 6th picture on your computer. Well this is the 6th picture on my computer. For real .. it is!

In the Spring of 2005 my brother Josh and I went to the Kentucky Derby with my cousin Amy and her husband Scott. Scott and Amy were living in Kentucky at the time while Scott was working for Ford which is how we got the tickets for the Derby.

It was so fun to get dressed up and to a wear a big hat. I now own a big hat if you ever need one. I have yet to have another occasion to wear it. There are two areas of the Kentucky Derby. The area we were in had a big tent with catered food and tables for us to sit and relax between races. Everyone was dressed to the nines. We had our own viewing area of the track and betting area (which of course was the most fun part!)
Over on the side of us were the ... how do I say this ... the less fortunate people. They were there with their coolers and folding chairs. They were NOT wearing fancy hats and heels! When you got to close to the fence that separated the two groups the 'others' would start chanting, "rich people suck!" It was very funny!
The horse races were very exciting. I had never been nor since been into horse racing but thoroughly enjoyed it while I was there. I kind of felt like I was in a movie. It was a very fun day and a once in a life time experience!
Thanks again Amy and Scott!

4 comments:

Chandra said...

How cute are you??? Fabulous picture!

jd said...

this is one of my favorite stories of ALL TIME that you have!! And one of my favorite pictures, too! Sooo great--

C*K*J said...

That is such a great picture and story! You are Josh look totally dazzling! How fun is that? I never remember hearing that you went to the Derby. So fun!

It was so great to see you the other night. We need to do it more often. You are in my thoughts as you go through this thing we call life and all of its challenges.
LYG!

Bryan said...

Right out of My Fair Lady, you didn't end up screaming at a horse did you? ;)

That does sound like a blast, and it also sounds like you were on the right side of the fence, LOL!

I wish I were rich like you =0)