Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Spring Break 2010

It all just feels like a dream. A wonderful, perfect dream that you don't ever want to wake up from. (sorry Melissa ... we know you are back there)
Spring Break 2010 was spent on the Sea of the Western Caribbean aboard the Crown Princess. Seven days of bliss. Seven days of sun, food, reading, lounging .. bliss I tell you BLISS!


We celebrated Easter Sunday on board the ship. The Easter bunny (by the name of Stacy) visited our cabin while we were out at the pool.

Grand CaymanJennie and I went diving in Grand Cayman. You know diving is one of my most favorite things to do. There is just nothing like that moment when you first start to descend. When you enter another world. It is magical.
(check out our super cute dive master Mark. Just an added bonus to our day of diving.)
Jennie and I exploring Grand Cayman.
Buddies!
Jennie is one of my BEST BUDDIES! There are so many things I admire about this girl. I am SUPER lucky to have her as a friend. Funny things just happen when you are with Jennie. Who else will get on the bunk beds and take "BF pictures" with you?(This gives you a good look at our cabin. yikes! Needless to say we did not spend much time in there.)
Hitting the green during a day at sea.
Look at that blue ocean in the background.

STACY
Love this girl!Stacy and I have now been on three cruises together. I love that Stacy is always up for .. whatever! The perfect person to travel with.
eeek!
SOOOO excited to watch New Moon (barf!)
Movie Under the Stars (love watching a movie on the deck out under the stars while out at sea).

Wow! We are so pretty. Formal night. They have photographers set up to take your picture but we don't really need them. We just set up our own photo shoot. Put me in a black dress and throw in a gold stair case .... watch out!
Jennie totally should be an "action model"

Roatan Honduras

As we pulled into port there were a couple really cool ship wrecks. We basically stayed in the "cruise line built port" It was kind of a fake Honduras. Beautiful all the same. I don't know that I can really say I have 'been to Honduras' after this.

(I love our shiny sun-screened faces)

We ended up staying the night in Honduras. Due to some high cross winds we could not get out of the narrow channel. The consequences of this was that we missed our day in Cozumel. I was ok with the extra day at sea lounging, reading, relaxing and of course eating! (I have been to Cozumel before)

Totally candid pictures at dinner.
Doesn't Melissa have the cutest smile ever! Get Melissa to have the giggles late at night ... hysterical!

V.I.P
more like VVVIP!

Cap'n Nick Nash was the Captain on mine and Jennie's first cruise. We managed to get ourselves invited to the Captains circle cocktail party (didn't actually make it due to scuba diving) . Anyway, Jennie worked with the Cap'n and got know his daughter. Well when we found out that Cap'n Nick Nash was the Captain of our cruise we were just thrilled! Jennie sent a note to the Cap'n and the next thing we know we have ourselves an invite to the BRIDGE! Not everyone gets an invite to the bridge ... in fact very few people get to go to the bridge. It was very exciting to see how everything works and as a total bonus ... the officers are total hotties!


FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

I did a little eating on this trip.
So my jeans don't fit anymore ... what's the big deal?

Such lovely ladies.
Oh Nico!
Nico was our cruise boyfriend. He is a photog for the ship. Isn't he dreamy!

Princess Cays
"Blue Crush"
Raft Style
(this pretty much sums up our day on the island)
The Crown Princess
She is a fine ship she is!

It was a week of bliss ... pure bliss!

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Sari, I have been waiting for this post -- I was so curious as to where you went on this cruise! I love it, I'm SO jealous! I've always wanted to dive in the Caymans and Honduras, although it sounds like you really didn't get into Roatan. What a fun cruise, and so fun to go with such fun girlfriends!

Jessie said...

Yay Sari! I'm so glad you had such fun! Looks wonderful! Any time you need a vacation buddy...I'll be waiting. :)

Chandra said...

Sari, why are you so beautiful?

C*K*J said...

I couldn't be more green with envy at this entire post! It looks like it was an amazing trip!
I can't wait to see you and hear more!