Wednesday, November 24, 2010

El Tour de Tucson

It worked out just right that the weekend before Thanksgiving there was a bike race in Arizona .... and Emily lives in Arizona! It was great motivation to keep me training after most of my races were over and the weather was changing. We decided to shoot for the 66 miler (which ended up being closer to 68 ...but who's counting).
Gav's brother and sister-in-law rode with us too.
Next year we are wearing team jersey's!
It was an exciting day. 10,000 participants! The starting line was crazy. We sat on the side just waiting for it to clear out a bit before ducking in.

Em and Gav were very fun to ride with. My chain fell off TWICE (my chain has NEVER come off) and they were very nice to wait for me. We all stuck together and enjoyed the experience. It wasn't exactly easy ... they were serious when they said the course was hilly and the wind did not help ... BUT all and all it was a beautiful day.

Mile 43 (they are backwards)! Our second of two rest stops. Still smiling and feeling good. Such a fun event! I can't wait to do another one ... with the rest of the fam!
Oh how I love my bike.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Yay Sari! Nice work. Can't wait to ride more with you next year. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sue Ann said...

Awesome! Happy Thanksgiving to the gang there. Cmon down and see us one of these days!