Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pumpkin Lover

I happen to be a fan of just about anything pumpkin. (learning to like pumpkin soup ... DB did make a DELICIOUS pumpkin soup on Halloween) I have a new favorite snack that I found on this site. (one of my new favorite sites!) I have adapted it a bit. Thought I would share it for all you pumpkin lovers out there. Total plus ... super healthy!

Almost Pumpkin Pie
(deceiving name)

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup cottage cheese
sprinkle with cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to taste (or you can use nutmeg)
Stevia to taste (I also add a little pure maple syrup sometimes)
toasted pecans or walnuts. I like a lot of nuts.

Mix it all up and enjoy.

I will warn you that it looks kinda gross ... ok really gross. But it is pretty yummy and is good for you. A perfect Autumn afternoon snack!

3 comments:

Kimi D said...

and look! another no sugar pumpkin recipe:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/breakfastbrunch/pumpkin-oatmeal-2/

Ashley said...

I love pumpkin, it is seriously good in so many recipes!! I'll have to give this one a shot.

Sarah Shelley said...

Thanks for sharing that site! I really think that I can really use some of those recipes! And ps...I love pumpkin too!