Sunday, November 28, 2010

Gobble Gobble AZ Style

Thanksgiving started with a little family Turkey Trot .... well and in Christensen style
PIE!
(ok we actually started with pie the night before)
Everyone was FBing about how cold Utah was, well we had a pretty fantastically beautiful day. Thanksgiving and palm trees don't really go together for me but it sure was nice for a change.

Thank goodness we had my mom for a couple of days ... she was able to make our pie crust. I made our usual Pecan pie. Em and I decided to try something new. We came up with a chocolate (Jennie's usual) and coconut cream (the two together ... perfect!). Oh yum! It was so so delicious!
Leftovers! Looks like we made plenty of food.
After dinner we headed to the park. Dad and I had to take advantage of this beautiful day. We know that is not what we are heading home to.
The best part was when Cloe saw some leaves on the ground and got all excited to see some Autumn leaves. She used my phone to take a picture. Yep, they are Arizona girls!

I really am THANKFUL for a wonderful family. Thankful for Emily and Gavin for having us. It was a much needed break for me. We had a lovely day.

1 comment:

Kat said...

i missed your pecan pie this year. :)