Thursday, July 21, 2011

Baltic Sea Cruise 2011

I pretty much have the coolest life. I was lucky enough to get to go on a Baltic Sea Scandinavian cruise with Stacy, Kara and Melissa. It was an amazing trip!
Our itinerary included; Copenhagen Denmark, Berlin Germany, Stockholm Sweden, Helsinki Finland, St. Petersburg Russia, Tallinn Estonia, Aarhus Denmark, and Oslo Norway.

COPENHAGEN
We started with a couple days in Copenhagen. It was a bit of an event getting everyone there. Stacy missed the connection in Chicago. Melissa barley made the flight. Phew, I was not going to be in Copenhagen alone. Melissa and I spent the day exploring the city. We were excited for Kara and Stacy meet up with us. I sure wish the drunk couple would get out of my picture with the Little Mermaid sculpture.

Melissa and I came upon this tree in the Frederiksbergs park. Yep, those are pacifiers.
Hans Christian Andersen
It is good luck to get up on his knee (and take your shirt off -- we opted for not that much good luck). It is much harder than you would think to get up on his knee!

We had a great time in Copenhagen. My favorite part was seeing the original Christus in the Church of our Lady. I also loved the canal tour. Downside to Copenhagen, EXPENSIVE! A bottle of water and a yogurt from 7-11 was $9!

Onto the cruise ship we go!

1 comment:

ruth said...

haha loved the drunk couple... and loved even more those pics!! good to see you had a good time and made it back safe :) miss you!!!!