Monday, July 25, 2011

BSS Cruise 2011

Tallinn Estonia
What a hidden treasure Estonia is! The port was beautiful, old town very charming.

We had a little time to kill before out bike tour so we started a Rick Steves walking tour. Poor Estonia has been taken over by pretty much everyone.
McDonald's! (a free bathroom)
It just so happened that the day we were there was their dance festival. Pretty much the entire country participates in this. There was a six hour long parade. (very problematic for our bike tour). Fun to see the traditional clothing.
Very deep thought ... see how bored Kara is!
I think it was my favorite day of the trip! A bike tour of Tallin. It was so funny/fun/interesting. A great way to get out of the town. Our guide was Jaak (Jack). A darling boy who was very entertained by us. Because of the parade he had to make a "custom" tour. This meant getting lost, hitting a dead end, running into the parade, and climbing a rather steep/long hill. It was hilarious! Jaak, "this is a tour I will always forget!" Stacy, "Always or never Jakk?" Jaak, "oh yes, that is what I mean."

The highlight of the day ... Kara storming the palace! She was trying to get the guards to crack. 'I'm coming, I'm going to get ya, you think I can do it? Do ya? Huh?" It was pretty dang funny! Kara is a hoot. Love that girl!It was a delightful day!

No comments: