Monday, November 21, 2011

Plus One

Maintaining a social life in your 30's can be a challenge. My super hiptastic LA friend K.J. came up with the idea of a PlusOne weekend. The concept is simple. All of us have a great friend of the opposite sex. Someone you love to hang with, but for whatever reason, at this moment in time, you probably are not going to date. It just is what it is. They are great, you are great, it just isn't meant to be, at least for the time being. We all need to meet new people, so why not spend a weekend together, in the mountains meeting each others' friends.. or as we like to call them... your "PlusOne."
I talked a couple of my coolest pals into it and off to Lake Arrowhead we went. Dave, Kim, Brad and I took off early Friday and spent the day in Santa Monica. We walked the beach and the pier. There was sufficient entertainment for an overcast November day. Lunch was on Third St. Promenade before heading for Arrowhead where we met up with Stacy K. I admit that half the incentive was getting to see my LA peeps.
Lake Arrowhead thought it was winter! It was freezing. The wind, fog, rain and cold did not stop us from adventure. We were all over the ropes course, zip line and my new hobby ARCHERY!
Kim and I are thinking team archery for the next Olympics. (Please don't miss the "gospel, soul, country, patriotic" street performer in the background. She was fantastic!)
It was one of those weekends of non stop laughing. The kind of laughing where you can't breath ... and tears are rolling down your cheeks. You can't remember why you are even laughing. Awe ... everyone needs a friend that you can laugh with like that!
We met lots of cool new people and had a great time. It was another new place for me to check off my list this year(Lake Arrowhead is beautiful ... I highly recommend it!). I totally earned the complete exhaustion that I paying for today!

No comments: