Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ready, Set, GO!!!

 Yeah, I know, one year ago I was swearing up and down that I would NEVER do this again!  But then my competitive side took over and convinced me that I needed to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon again.  Why? ... try and do a little better on my time and have a race that I didn't want to die doing.  I signed up WAY early.  (I need the motivation of a race to make me train).  I will admit that I have been very glad to have the excuse of this race to go running.  It has been a bit of a stressful (to say the least) couple of months.  I actually got to where I liked running and was glad to have the stress relief it provided.

 Em, Gavin and Josh all signed up too.  It was so nice to have Josh to train with.  I love running at night but don't often do it (not very wise for a girl to run alone at night). It's much more fun to have people at the starting line ... and finish line!
It was a beautiful day for a race! Pete met me at mile 10 and ran the last 3 with me.  I am pretty sure I would have laid down and still be in the gutter on University Ave if he would not have been there prodding me along.  I definitely did better because he was running with me, he was a great motivator!  I felt much better than I did last year.  I shaved 5 minutes off my time.  So all and all I had a successful race. 
I won't swear off doing another one ... but I am not totally committing either.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

yay for the PR, love you!