Thursday, January 10, 2008

A few thoughts ....

* I pulled out of the school parking lot behind one of my co-workers. As we came up to the first light she was turning left and I was going straight. That makes for a very awkward moment. You kinda wave and then what? I always feel like I should unroll my window and say something or make a funny face .. something! You are both just sitting there trying not to look uncomfortable. Even worse is when you try not to make eye contact. It is just one of those awkward moments in life.

* Did you know that if you don't use a bag or bags (I take my own reusable bags, my attempt at going green) at Smith's grocery store they credit you $.05 for every bag you would have used! So not only are you saving the environment you are saving money!

* This has been a very long week! What makes time time 'speed up' or 'slow down'?

That's all. Just a few thoughts.

8 comments:

KA said...

So green and diligent. I'm proud of you.

Unknown said...

lol! I so understand the "what do ya do?!" comment! too funny! Pretend you're on a phone call?

C*K*J said...

So funny...I really do always pretend to be on a phone call. I know exactly that weird, uncomfortable feeling!

kesli said...

Ryan and I are proud owners of our own shopping bags. We bought them in California and now use them in Michigan. It also makes us feel good about doing our part.

laura said...

ok, totally hear you about the slow or fast time thing. My week was also super super long. Can we just fast forward a few weeks so I can have this baby and you can come see me at the hospital again???

KA said...

You only SORT of like their door??

jennie said...

I used my bag at Target the other day, but then had to use about 15 plastic ones too. Should I shove my reusable bag with plastic ones when I head to the store?

A Little Sass said...

Jennie -- of course! that works too. All in the name of reducing and reusing! Another thing to pay attention to is that when they are packing up your stuff they will put two items in your bag. I have them stuff those plastic bags full. I will say to the bagger ... lets see how much stuff you can fit into one bag!