Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SURPRISE!

I had such a great weekend! My best friend, Beckie, lives in Colorado. Her sweet husband wanted to surprise her by flying me in for the weekend. It all started with her asking him if he would go see 27 Dresses with her. He said he would rather fly me there than have to go to that movie. (such a guy!) That gave him the great idea to surprise her by really doing it. So Saturday morning I flew to CO and showed up at her front door. It was so fun to surprise her! Greg took the kids and we hit the ground running!

First we hit the mall. What would a weekend trip with your best friend be without shopping! We went to not one movie but TWO! Back to back! We started with PS I Love You. We both cried through the whole thing. We took a quick bathroom break and refilled our large popcorn and drinks before we hit 27 Dresses. A very cute movie. Sadly ... I can relate to the closet full of brides maid dresses! :) We toured some model homes in her area. I picked out a lovely $700,000 home. On Monday we got pedicures and had lunch. We then did a little home improvement project and some more shopping. Of course we talked and talked.

The weekend came to end much to quickly! The only down part of the weekend was sitting in the Denver airport for many hours while my flight kept getting delayed due to the storm in SLC. After a very long nigh
t I made it home to a car covered in a foot of snow.
nice finger in the picture.

Thanks Greg for a great weekend with my best friend! You definitely win husband
of the year for this one!




this was our home improvement project.

10 comments:

Noelle said...

Just stumbled onto your blog and realized that we live in the same town and are the same age!

KA said...

That is delicious. I have surprised my friend who lives in BC a couple of times for her birthday and it is so much fun!! Too bad our friends don't live in, say, Hawaii. Then I would be all up for year-round surprises.

jennie said...

Sounds like a blast! I'm sad that my best friend lives in Lehi. That just won't do. I wonder if she would consider moving so I can surprise her...hmmm.

Renee said...

Oh I bet she was thrilled to have a girls weekend. I am glad you liked both movies - I did too! The home improvement project looks like a success! What a lucky girl to have such a good friend like you!

Shannon said...

I am just sad I missed out on a girls trip!! Looks like you two had a great time, Gregs the greatest!

C*K*J said...

So fun! It looks like you guys had a blast! I'm jealous!

Ashley said...

how fun! glad you were able to get away for a quick trip, seems like those are always the best!

Cassandra Barney said...

What a great weekend. There is nothing better than friends who love you.
XOX

Unknown said...

how fun for u 2! Be SO happy you have a close friend like that! Happy for the tip on a great movie too!

pamela said...

sari...email me your email address at inmyshoesblog@hotmail.com so i can invite you as a reader...