Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just What the Doctor Ordered!

Happy Labor Day!
We had a most fabulous Labor Day weekend at the cabin!
Friday after work Peter, Jennie, Clementine, Anchor, Dad and I headed up the mountain (mom joined us Saturday). I was the first one there and started my weekend with a brief run/walk in my new Keens (love them!)
It was a weekend of relaxing (I did manage to shower but was in sweat pants, pj's, or shorts the entire time), reading, walks, hikes, and lots and lots of eating!
The Barney's came up on Sunday evening for dinner and some craft'in and gaming.
All of you know how clever/crafty/creative my sister's are! Hun was making these felt flowers for a pillow she is making. I love them and think they would be so fun for a book cover. Then I had (I do have a little .. just a little of that cleverness) the idea to attach these felt flowers to a hairband. Isn't that fun!
Just a little craft'in and visiting. Outside on the deck the rest of the group were making their boats to float down the river.
Dan and Jennie playing "tap tap"
Clementine and I had a great time exploring, walking and talking. We found a couple caterpillars (one dead and had to bury it). The weather was perfect and we loved being outside.
Love this Anchor boy!
It was a MUCH needed weekend of NO stress! and Lots of RELAXING!
oh and I even got some painting done.

3 comments:

Chandra said...

F.U.N.!!!!! Miss you SAR!

Unknown said...

Life is not fair.

Shannon said...

Pete and Jenni have the stinkin' cutest kids. I love the canyon in Autumn, what a great way to spend your weekend!