Saturday, September 26, 2009

To do before I die ....

.... hike Timp ... check!

I have lived in Utah my entire life and I have never hiked Timp. It is something that has been on my "To Do Before I Die List" (you all have a to do before you die list ...right?) for years. My Dad agreed to hike to the summit with me one last time. So we picked the perfect date ...

Today is my Dad's 67th birthday!

He is pretty impressive don't you think.



I was extra determined to do this hike this year. Because of my heart procedure I had to drop out of the Alcatraz race and out of doing a triathlon. I just wanted to do one "event" ... to accomplish something. So five days after my two month mark I did a 14 mile hike to over 11,100 feet!

Our good friend Mark did the hike with us. Mark has known me since I was 3 years old and has done this hike with my Dad a couple of times. I will always remember Mark calling me
Sari-Maria. Mark made me do it!
From start to finish the hike was so beautiful. The leaves are just starting to change which made the scenery breathtaking. The view from the saddle and from the summit was amazing. I couldn't believe I was actually up there! I had made it. I could officially cross 'hiking Timp' off my list. It was a great day!

Thanks Dad for taking me up! by the way.... my new and improved heart did great! I love the thing!



Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are so cool. I would say, "wish I could have been there," but I'm trying not to say that anymore at the risk of sounding too repetitive.

Natalie said...

AWESOME! The pictures are great and I am so glad you and your new heart were triumphant!!

mylittlegems said...

Sari, I'm so glad to hear your heart is doing good :)
Thanks for sharing your hike- I miss Timp! I hiked it for my first time when I was 12, and have done it every year that I have been in UT since then. So since I haven't done it for quite some time, it was fun to see the photos. You look great! Glad you are doing well! Tell your dad HI - he looks great too :)

Renee said...

You are amazing and how awesome that you did it with your dad!

Chandra said...

FUN! You are amazing Sari! And your Dad! Woowee! Do you think I could get my dad up there!? ha ha

I am so excited to live closer to you and share in some of your adventures! I secretly want to join your bike riding club. :-)

Love you Sar!

Mark Robison said...

hi sari, can you email me the pic of the 'fin'? it won't enlarge when i click on it.
mawiro@gmail.com
the only soreness i had the day after was at the base of my right fibula, that bone that sticks out of the ankle. my shoe on that side must have rubbed it the wrong way.
thanks, that was way fun (except that part where you have to come down.)

Sarah Shelley said...

Stewart will be very jealous. He loves this hike!

jd said...

that photo of you and your dad on the edge is giving me queasy feet.

so proud of you!! And your DAD, he so rocks!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I hiked Timp once when I was about 13. I've been dying to go back up ever since, so thanks for posting these pictures to remind me of how beautiful it is!

jennie said...

Wish we could have been there! I'm so proud of you!!!