Monday, January 25, 2010

Let's Craft!

It was time for our "Second Annual Valentine Crafternoon" Seeing as this is the second year we have done this we decided it was now a tradition making this our second annual. This years craft ... ceramic hearts. You can college them, paint them, glitter them, lace them ... the possibilities are ENDLESS really! Yay for Chan coming to crafternoon! We love having her live down the street!

Even Erik crafted ... well kinda. He spent most of the night watching a very important football game! (don't be fooled by the pictures ... all of the boys were on the couches watching the games for a majority of the night) I was explaining the different options for his heart (most of the terms being used new to him ... Mod Podge??? What the??? he prefers to call it "large marge") Talulla, Fiona, and Clementine were shocked. How could he NOT know these words! So when I pointed out the glitter glue and he gawked Talulla just couldn't take it anymore! She looked up at him with those big eyes and said, "Erik, YOU don't know what GLITTER GLUE is?" mystified and maybe a little horrified.
To my sheer delight, as you can see, he crafted!
and I ended up with a Valentine.
(Erik explaining how I am to pin the heart to my shoulder)
It was pretty much a perfect Sunday afternoon if you ask me!

8 comments:

jennie said...

HA! Love the pictures. Erik really was a good sport, and I was quite impressed with his Valentine! Very fun night, very fun indeed.

Brooke said...

Who is that...... I am sure my brother has never crafted in his life!!! Very impressive the powers you have Sari :) :)!! Looks like a lot of fun!

Sue Ann said...

So fun!!!! So fun!!!! Love you.

Beckie said...

Very fun... even though I'm mad at you. How DARE YOU craft without me! Sooooo fun - and I'm impressed with Erik as well... he's coming around!

Chandra said...

Sooo fun! I was so glad I was able to come!!! You guys are like family to me so it was really extra nice. Plus, It was great to "feel the love"! :-) Erik's a babe.

ruth said...

positively hysterical!! I can't believe she said that to him... but how does he not know what glitter glue is? so so funny. what a winner you got there :)

Jeanette said...

Sari, I love how when I miss you and feel so far away, I can read your blog and get caught up! I'm so sorry I haven't written you yet- I can't seem to find a routine! I have loved your new posts and Erik seems fabulous, not many boys will dare craft! :) Talk to you soon!

Jaime said...

WHo is Erik.... does that tell you it has been way too long since we have caught up? My baby boy is due this week!! Did you get you r card? and I think we are moving back to Ketchum(Sun Valley) in a few months so we will be closer.... please email me as my computer crashed and I want to add you to my new phone and address book(paper)

love you

jaime_todd@hotmail.com