Thursday, January 14, 2010

Oprah Challenge

" ... and it is a challenge that I am willing to ACCEPT!"
Last night Erik went home with my phone in his pocket (totally on accident). I realized it about 10 minutes after he left as I went to check my phone as I frequently do. More frequently than I, and probably most people, realize I do. Luckily we have other ways of communication. I promptly EMAILED Erik to let him know that he had my phone. It really would have been a pain for him to come back with my phone and knowing ... well being pretty sure ;) I would see him the next night I told him I would just get it from him later. I could LIVE without my cell phone for ONE day!
The first thing I did was instant message Jennie to let her know that I did not have a phone. I just felt like someone should know ... why? I am not really sure.
The truth is I don't really need my cell phone during the day. I am at work AND I have a computer with email and instant message. Even still ... I am amazed how addicted I/we seem to be to communicating. When I would tell someone that I did not have my phone for the day, most peoples response was, "oh I would die!"
Well I did not die! Erik brought me my phone and I found that for the most part I was just fine without it. It is actually kind of liberating. I did have 6 missed calls (one being from Erik ha ha. He called me on his way home, only to realize that he had my phone!)
So there you have it. My day without my phone!

3 comments:

Sarah Shelley said...

And people think Stewart and I are crazy not to have a cell phone! Good for you!

jennie said...

I'd feel alot better if you had a land line. Amen.

Shannon said...

Have you been without e-mail also, what up with no response from my good friend??