Thursday, August 6, 2009

GEAR

Any time you take on a new hobby there will be a certain amount of "gear" that will be required depending on the said hobby.
At first you think, oh I don't need this or that, or I can just get by with the cheaper/fake version. Most of the time you may not have realized how much gear actually is needed for your new hobby until you have already gotten sucked in!
This summer as I went from swimming (which I already had the gear) to running to biking I found myself becoming a
GEAR JUNKIE!
Before I knew it I was wanting/needing gear! It just never ends! Suddenly I found myself with a subscription to a running magazine! (shocking .. even to me!) If swimming wasn't bad enough I decided to train for a triathlon (before my heart procedure put that on pause) ... taking on three sports means a lot of gear.
My latest piece of "gear" that I am SO excited about ... my new GARMIN 305 GPS watch! It came in the mail just days before my heart surgery and I haven't even gotten to use it. I just look at it and hold it and am counting down the days until we can go for a little run together.

Just when I am ready to start training again the seasons are going to change and that just means ... different gear!

2 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

Oh man, I know the feeling. I need new shoes and have been thinking I want a gps watch and I have barely gotten started and who knows if I'll be able to keep it up once school starts, etc. What to do, What to do???

jennie said...

well, if you can't use your gear, you might as well be taking pictures of them!!!