Sunday, August 9, 2009

Demolition Derby Baby!

It was one of the best nights of my life! (ok, not best, but right up there!) I CANNOT believe I have not been to a DEMOLITION DERBY before now!
My experience started earlier in the day when I decided that I needed an outfit to wear to the derby. Where do you go for that kind of apparel? The WALMART duh! (for those of you that remember my last trip to the Walmart know that it takes a lot to get me there ...in fact this is my first trip back.) But I had to do it! I walked in, took one look around and thought JACK POT! I even called Kimi D to tell her!
The derby (that is just what you call it) was AWESOME! Pretty much they just drive around hitting each and the last car still running .. wins! It really was so great! The people watching is great! The food is great! Had myself a little Navajo Taco (if I would have seen the deep fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches first I totally would have had one of those)
Pete let me barrow his Dairy Farmer's of America Hat .. it really topped off my outfit! And it didn't even mess up my ratted up hair. Dave was so lucky to have such a hot date!

We totally got to meet the driver of the X96 truck! eeek! so exciting! He won his round of the derby. This is his first derby to! Obviously a VERY talented driver! I will be looking for him at future derby's. We found out he is married. Lame!
I am totally a fan of the demo derby!

8 comments:

Renee said...

I have never been but you make it look like a lot of fun! Any excuse to buy clothing at WalMart!

Bry Cox said...

Ha ha ha. I too love the derby. Just went to the Weber County crash-up derby with Tony on Saturday and my sister and I are going to the Davis Co one on Wednesday.

I love them! So glad you went and that you had a great time! Lucky Dave! :-)

Mark Robison said...

sari, funny you should pick the shirt with my favorite painting of hendrix on it. rock and roll!
http://www.markryden.com/paintings/index.html

Chris Grover said...

you are so funny, sari! this is good to know cause chris is always trying to get me to one of these and i keep resisting! had i known they were so much fun, i would have given in a long time ago! haa!

jennie said...

You make W.T. look SO good.

C*K*J said...

You look so amazing! You are doing the Walmart some serious justice!

Holly and Chris Kneeland said...

My boys would love that! Looks like so much fun!

jd said...

BUDDY! I can't believe this was your first derby, even I have been to one a long time ago!! But did they not have a reigning Dairy Queen, at this one? For sure you would have mentioned it... so jealous of her sequins and sparkles and big hair, and ruling the Derby above her big horse! I think you were robbed! But you look totally derby-legit so that makes up for it! You are now a woman.